Friday, March 16, 2007

What I Couldn't Tell You.....I Can Now.....

The reason why Scott has been away for the past two weeks is because he has been in P.O.W (Prisoner of War) and Survival Training with the SERE school (as in Navy Seals training) in Maine. I could not elaborate on any of my fears or his absense in fear that they do some background research on him and find a post about it on our blog and some how use it against him. So now that it's over and he's alive and almost home, I can tell you how RELIEVED I am to know he is still in one piece. I have talked to him so I know he's able to talk and he's told me he's been around the town, so he's able to walk. The bad news is, he is now stranded in Brunswick, Maine because of a wicked bad snow storm going through, dumping up to 12 inches of snow. Meanwhile we sit here in 70 degree weather and the sun shining so warm and brightly. It's so hard to believe it's that bad on the East Coast.

I'm not going to lie. I am about to go crazy. The boys miss their daddy and have been completely out of the box the past few days because they miss their daddy, and I do too!!!

I knew something like this would happen because it was too perfect that he would be returning the night of his son's second birthday so we could have a combine birthday and welcome home party. So I ask that you please say a little prayer for him and that he is able to come home tomorrow night and not Sunday or MONDAY ~ Man, I don't think I can make it to Monday!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! you are the strongest women i know! I will pray for him....miss you guys happy birthday to TY...LOVe Duke xo

Alyssa said...

hope he got home safe and sound and as soon as you wanted him too! that training must have been intense, and I can't imagine what you must have gone through, knowing what HE was going through! Geez! You certainly are a strong woman! Give Ty birthday kisses!!!

Anna@Exasperation said...

Yeah, I still get a little queasy thinking about it and have been ever since our convo two weeks ago. Just post some pics of the poor guy so we know he hasn't been maimed or disfigured.
Are you coming tomorrow?

kemtee said...

Happy birthday to Ty… and welcome home DH. Intense stuff, but now you know he's prepared for anything.

Take care of yourself, too.

Christy said...

I've missed you Kelly!!!!