Monday, December 03, 2007

Spontaneity!

Doing something "spontaneous" is not something in my nature ~ not since marrying a military man and having children that is. Those two factors alone clearly do not allow for anything of the sort and boy have I missed it.

I was reminded just yesterday that I should do something "spontaneous" and "to have fun". This just after I had a completely HORRIFIC day the day before. It was exactly the kind of thing I needed to be reminded of. I needed to have some fun, the kids needed some fun, and I was not going to mope around the house one more day. So, I packed up the kids and headed to Dallas!

My online friend Ember lives in Fort Worth. Since we moved to Oklahoma, she and I have tried several times to meet up and do some shopping dates at the outlets in Texas. For various reasons, most of them because of the men in my life, and some because of weather threats, we just haven't had the chance to do it. But then yesterday we made it happen. Our mutual online friend Kim was in Dallas doing some media appearances and so we all met up ~ FINALLY! Here we are at the Grapevine Mills outlets!



Ember who lives minutes from the outlet center SCORED from our day of shopping more than Kim and I!!!! (the tourists!!!)


From there I ventured over to my sister in law's house. Anna and her family live about twenty minutes from the outlets, so we crashed with them overnight. It was so awesome to see the kids playing together again. A relief for both me and Anna!!! A double bonus was that Grandma was there too! Yay!



Here is the traditional "wave goodbye" pose, often scene on the porch of Ma and Pa Kilgore's when groups of families depart.

3 comments:

Sara K. said...

Jealous! And why is Anna still pregnant? Sounds like a blast. DId the boys shop or did they hang with the Rawlins/Grandma crew? Somehow I think a day of outlet shopping with two boys would not be pure bliss...

Christy said...

They were with me...and yes you are right...NOT PURE BLISS.

As for Anna, we had high hopes for her last night as she sat on the couch contracting....but unfortunately Sophia is just not willing to bless us with her presence yet. This morning Anna had an OB appointment, and she's still the same as she was three weeks ago....so it's just a matter of patience and waiting it out......

Erin said...

Looks like you got some good shopping done! Glad you had fun :)