Saturday, July 05, 2008

Scott's Call Sign

Some of you have asked me what Scott's call sign is. We've known for some time now, but wanted to wait to see if it stuck because sometimes they will think of something else. However, I think now that he's been with this crew for sixty days and on the road 6 months before that, this one has stuck and so now I feel I can make it public.

People are always making fun of the ways Scott tells a story. You never know when the end is in sight. He can take such a simple story and complicate the heck out of it, or in his "Kilgorian" way, drag something out to no end!!! Even questions posed to him that require a simple "yes" or "no" response will take Scott up to five minutes to answer! That is just the way he is. The guys in the squadron have even approached Scott to ask him random things, just to kill time if they are waiting on something or to speak to someone. They will tell him "Hey Kilgore I have fifteen minutes to spare, what's going on in your life?". No lie.

Anyway, that said, he has acquired a reputation around the squadron to be a Chatty Cathy. So they started calling him CC. To me that was cool. I liked "CC Kilgore". But then someone decided that Cathy should be spelled with a "K" so now he's CK. That's also cool with me, as my initials are CK, but it just doesn't sound as cool!

But what is done is done. Scott is CK Kilgore. And honestly, it's no surprise to me.....is it to you?

4 comments:

Sara K. said...

That is sooooo funny. He and Jerry are exactly, exactly the same in that regard. Jokes are nearly painful. You go Chatty Cathy. Keeping the skies friendly.

Lisa said...

Alright CK! That's cool. Andrew's call sign was "Jabbada"- because Jabbada Monks sounds like Jabba the Hutt to a bunch of drunken flight students. Whatever! We'll see what he gets at our next station.

Christy said...

Sara, at times, I think they are one of the same! Remember your overnight stay in State College? LOL!

Lisa, Jabbada is hilarious!!!!

Alyssa said...

Chatty Kathy. They picked that over SpongeScott Fly Pants? Well, at least it's fitting! I clearly remember several late night conversations at your place in State College where Scott would just talk about his schooling or something, and I would just sit there and say "uh huh" or "yeah" while trying not to zone out, and trying to figure out what the heck he was talking about. A Chatty Kathy he really is. A sponge he really isn't. CK Kilgore it is!