Thanks Deb for the shout out! (sorry it has taken me so long to respond)
One of the "rules" of this award is to share seven things about yourself that people might not know. So because you asked, I'm here to share!
1) I'm not shy. I can't be. My lifestyle (a military spouse) does not really allow for that. If I want to be happy living this life, moving around, and truly enjoy our time as a family and as a person, I need to put myself out there. Luckily, I've never been the shy type, so it does come easily for me. However, making friends, long term friends, isn't as easy. In fact, as much as I go out of my way to meet people, I don't like to get vulnerable around them. In my experience, sharing too much with anyone leads to heart ache and drama. So why do I put myself out there? Because I like being social. I like going out and having a good time. I like meeting people with similar interests. I like networking with people for a common good but I just would prefer to keep myself and my woes to myself (and my blog). HOWEVER, since moving here, things have changed for me. I've let my guard down. I've opened up a bit, and I've been the REAL me. It's strange for me to be so attached to people. (but I like it!)
2) I have to have a piece of chocolate every day. Not necessarily a candy bar, but some form of chocolate every day. Except I don't like chocolate chips, raw. They need to be baked into something...and I don't like chocolate cake or chocolate ice cream, nor do I like dark chocolate. It has to be "melt-in-your-mouth" milk chocolate. I know, wierd eh? My chocolate cravings have conditions!
3) I'm pretty sure I have ADD. It went undiagnosed but I am certain I have it. I can't read without having thoughts pop into my head and I get easily distracted. I also forget things constantly and it became worse when I became a mother. I did terribly on tests in school but when asked the question in a one on one meeting, I knew the answer. I feel like going to University was a complete waste of time. I can't proudly say I am a college graduate. Instead, I wrote a large check for three years of education that either 1) didn't absorb and 2) was useless. My degree has only been "a foot in the door" when it comes to job interviews but does not define me in any way. That saddens me the most. I feel lost most of the time when I read things that have a lot of detail and I especially cannot follow complicated directions. I'm more of a hands-on kind of person and THRIVE in those kind of settings, but ask me to read an instructional manual and you can forget it.
4) I wish I was more than a SAHM. That statement literally made me tear up...so I will just move onto #5.
5) I kicked butt in 4-H! I was grand champion showman three years in a row. I went to Toronto, Ontario to compete in the nationals, only to have my calf freak out and drag me all over the ring. Needless to say I didn't do well there, but probably could have. I loved 4-H and I loved showing. I wish I had a pic I could post here. You'd be proud of my show whites! LOL!
6) I don't like crowds or confined spaces. I get very anxious in a large group and often get dizzy or hyperventilate. (in extreme cases). Starting lines at large races are probably the worst for me. Crowded movie theaters, huge stadiums or busy restaurants are other stressors. I'm not sure why this is. My mom told me she is this way too. I wish I could just be normal. I get tired of being the party pooper and in need of special attention just so I can be apart of things. Our trip to TN was just one example. I couldn't take the gondola up the mountain. I couldn't be in the house for extended periods of time. I can't ride in back seats, or take buses, cabs, trains. I'm a complete nightmare!
7) I have been on the fence about plastic surgery for months now. (there I said it!). I gave myself a 5 year timeline to lose the weight and then get some assistance with other things that may need tweaking. I'm not a vain person yet this procedure makes me feel that way. My reasoning is I just want to feel good about myself. But I know that that feeling should come from the inside...not just outside. Yet inside my head I'm a HOT mama!! I'm just not seeing that on the outside!!!! LOL!
There you have it. Maybe most of you knew this, maybe not. But now it's out there...ahhh!
Whoever reads this, consider yourself tagged! Can't wait to read your 7 things!