Sunday, January 20, 2008

Birthday Traditions

Growing up Van Dusen you do things maybe most other people don't! You intrude on peoples' wake schedules on their birthday. I remember my brother, sister and I would call various family members on their birthday and sing "Happy Birthday" to them at 7am in the morning. Some calls received well, some not so well! But it was a tradition and the recipient would just have to deal with it.

I finally got to capture our tradition on video. First thing this morning, as predicted on every January 20th, (as well as March 17th, May 16th, and December 22nd in this household), my parents called me to do this:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude! That's my pickle! Happy Birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome - Dad is concerned about our telephone number being displayed - we shall see if Simon Cowell gives us a call.

Anonymous said...

As a person who has recieved one or 12 of these calls I can a test to the trueness (is that a word) of this story.
I can say say that your parents are much singers in person than over the speaker phone. LOL
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Amy