Friday, April 24, 2009

The Final Countdown!

Wait for it.......wait for it........turn up your volume....and now wait for it....


Ok, can you hear it? .... if not, keep waiting

Ok, it should be playing now!


Read on:


As most of you have read on my blog or have seen on facebook or simply through conversations with me, you know my half marathon is this Sunday. I am a bundle of mixed emotion best described as follows:

1) The day of the wedding, you're standing at the end of the aisle, waiting for your turn to walk down it to meet your groom, the love of your life, and you learn that someone forgot the rings and so you wait.

2) The day of a major surgery that could redefine how you live the rest of your life

4) Still being pregnant TWO weeks past your due date

5) The day you get to meet your favorite celebrity, in person

6) A first date tingle in your tummy

7) Your very last University exam before graduation

8) Having to make a speech in front of 1000s of people.

9) Winning a gold medal at the Olympics

10) The fear of the unknown: will my root canal "rupture" while I am running 13.1 miles? Will the heat dehydrate me? Will my knee hold out? Will...I...be...able...to...finish? (ahhhh!)


So as you can probably gather, I am anxious to get this over with, but excited to have that "moment" at the finish line; simply finishing is all I want at this point, let's get this show on the road!

I was told today that you can track the progress of friends and family competing by using this link: CLICK HERE

Just add my name and they will send you emails about my progress, or my finishing time! Pretty cool eh?

If I don't finish in two hours (or by 8:45am) I have died on the course!

Thank you all for your support, words of encouragement and advice. Muchly appreciated!

2 comments:

Denise said...

You are going to do great!!!

Deb said...

I'm blaring Matthew Wilder's "Break My Stride" on my cheapo computer speakers, just for you girl!

ROCK ON!