Saturday, March 10, 2012

Blog Challenge: Day 22

Today's challenge is definitely a topic I can write about; how I have changed in the last two years.

A lot has happened in the last two years. Spiritual, emotional, physical and personal growth. I have been able to look at the world from the outside in and prioritize things in my life better than I used to. I think with age comes wisdom and the ability to like yourself more.

I've gotten a little braver; doing things for the first time and finding that I an enjoying something new that I never thought I'd do. By doing that, I've also found a group of very supportive, encouraging and positive people to surround myself with. Who doesn't need that?

Parenting is getting harder now. Lots of outside influences trying to infiltrate into my space. But thankfully my husband and I are all about sharing the load and having that open communication and tackling these issues together. It has helped me be more open with my kids, admit faults, and be patient with them.

I love having a community to be involved with. It's been YEARS since we've been able to have that in our lives because of all the moves and circumstances behind our moves, to allow for that. But we're in a place now that allows me to share my gifts and talents and faith with a community wanting to hear them. I have loved being a part of our church, the Y and my kids' school. It really has grounded me and given me a sense of purpose.

I am slower to talk and quicker to listen.

Lastly, I'm too old to care about who is saying what about me. I used to get so wrapped up in stuff like that and go out of my way to make everyone like me; even a little. Ugh. Exhausting. I see life now more as a perpetual movement forward. I don't have the time to keep up with what he or she has to say about me. I'm too busy loving my life :-)

No comments: