Wednesday, June 19, 2013

I'm back!

I don't even know how many of my friends and family blog anymore, since we're all on Facebook. Hellloooooo??

Anyway, we're back in the "deployment" stage of our family's life path so I thought I would reinstate some Daddy diaries, Mommy diaries and some overall thoughts about the time and distance my husband will be away from us. We are facing a tough 25 months ahead so I can forewarn you know there will be plenty of b*tching, moaning, complaining and venting going on up in here! But it's healthy right? That's what they say. Talk it out....release it....and get over it. So that's my plan.

Currently we are three weeks into our move to Virginia Beach, VA. We moved here during the tornados that ripped through our prior home town, Oklahoma City. It was the most heart wrenching move I've ever experienced. We loved our six years in OKC...and made some wonderful friends and roots in the community, only to turn our back and move away from them.....during the most difficult time in HISTORY was ....brutal. Just brutal.

But we're here....and I am trying very hard to find our new normal.

The first week here consisted of us getting out of boxes and frantically looking for new pieces of furniture. It was no small task. But we wanted to get the bulk of our move-in DONE before hubby left for his six weeks of training. Thankfully he is close enough to come home on weekends, but still.....we wanted to get as much settled in as we could before he had to leave. Leaving him some peace of mind and me some small bit of sanity. Having the pool and the beach has definitely helped the boys find the "good" in this move....which also helps me not worry so much about them adjusting to this new city.

At week three the furniture is starting to be delivered, I am finding my way around better, and getting to know the neighbors. What was great about our first night here was almost all of the neighbors came over and introduced themselves to us. AND....they all had boys! So our house/pool/yard has become the central meeting place which can carry with it the good and the bad.  With hubby being away and feeling dis-ca-bobulated not having found a "normal routine" just yet, the LAST thing I want to do is offer free babysitting to all the neighbors kids! But at the end of the day, I know where my  kids are and that's what matters.

However, there has been some drama! Yes amongst boys. I hate stepping in and being "that" mom, but I will do it. And I have had to. I need to set my limits and the kids coming in and out of my house/pool/yard also need to know what will and will not be tolerated. I'm sure this is all part of the "adjusting" phase....and I can't wait for it to be over.

It's HUMP day so the countdown is one for hubby to return. I am sooooooooooooooo looking forward to seeing him. It's been a long week (yes, already).

So as we adjust to our surroundings and the upcoming FREQUENT deployments, you will be hearing from me. Just let me know you came to visit....leave a comment, a hug and / or a prayer. All are welcome

24 1/2 months to go......

No comments: