Thursday, March 29, 2012

Kids' Blogging Challenge: Day 3

Today's Kids' Challenge is "what makes mommy sad?". This should be interesting!

Ty, age 7

Me: "what makes mommy sad?"
Ty: "me fibbing to you."
Me: "Yes that does make me sad. Can you think of anything else?"
Ty: "no"
Me: "Just curious: have you ever seen me cry because I was sad?"
Ty: "No"
Me: "good!"

Thanks for participating!

Zach, age 8

Me: "What makes mommy sad?"
Zach: "When we lie"
Me: "Yes that does make mommy sad. Can you think of anything else?"
Zach: "When we don't do the right thing?"
Me: "Do you mean, when you get in trouble? Making bad decisions?"
Zach: "yes"
Me: "So, let's try not to do that ok?"
Zach: "got it"
Me: "Have you ever seen me cry because I was sad?"
Zach: "yes"
Me: "Why was I crying?"
Zach: "because your friend Kristina left"
Me: "yes...I didn't realize you saw that"
Zach: "Was I supposed to see that?"
Me: "no but that is ok."

Thanks for participating.

Zach: "Ty....leave my legos alone"

No comments: