Monday, March 19, 2012

I'm a bad bad blogger! Blog Challenge Wrap Up!

I was on a roll there, with this challenge, and then bam....life! It just got in the way ~ ha! But that's alright. By the looks of the last few topics of this 30 day blog thing, I could wrap them all up into one.

Days 25-30 are actually inter-related for me. "The Kind of Person That Attracts Me", "A Problem I have Had", "Something That I Miss", "Goals for the Next 30 days" and the "Highs and Lows of this Month".

I like positive people. I'm not talking about those obnoxiously super positive and happy people who are CLEARLY faking it to make it. I'm talking about the kind of people who see the cup half full, the light at the end of the tunnel, and have the never-give-up-I will NOT be the victim types of people. Those are the people I am attracted to. My mom always used to tell me "you are who you hang out with" . At the time she used it as a deterrent to stay away from the wrong crowds of people and it worked. It has helped me look for people who will build me up and encourage me, rather than think then lead me down the wrong path. I also like to think  that I make investments in people.  I treat people the way I want to be treated. There is a pay off to that. 

I need all the good karma I can get.  What goes around comes around so I use that as my motivation to be a good person. It helps attract the same kind of people.  If you scratch my back, I will scratch your's, and who can go wrong with that kind of mutual appreciation? A simple philosophy, right?

A problem I have had in the past is that endless quest of wanting everyone to like me. I don't like hearing negative things about myself and so I tirelessly would work to please everyone; family members, school teachers, church goers and friends AND foes at school. I didn't want to say the wrong thing, do the wrong thing, wear the wrong thing. I was so consumed with thinking about what impression I just made with someone. OR if someone was upset with me, I just wanted to RESOLVE it. Even if I was the one initially upset and hurt and betrayed, I found I was the one apologizing just because I didn't want THEM to be upset with or think badly of me. Bizarre. I know. I was so insecure. For years, I allowed myself to live my life for someone else. Thankfully I outgrew that and got real tired of the endless quest of acceptance.  With age comes wisdom,  a stronger sense of self and tougher skin.  My priority now is just living MY best life. Not seeking perfection or acceptance from anyone but myself. AND not caring what other people think about it. And wouldn't you know, I'm a much happier person for it! :-)

What I miss is family. I grew up with my entire extended family all around me. I knew all my first, second, third cousins. Had all my grandparents, aunts and uncles all close by. Scott's siblings are like my own too. I dated him in high school so I've known his younger sisters and brothers for 16 years of my life. We grew up together in a sense. Even with having a sister in law 3 hours away we only see them, MAYBE, once a year. I hate that. The Kilgores plan a reunion every other year and so we get to see EVERYONE then, but again, that's every other year. My brother and sister both have kids around the same age and it would have been so cute to see our kids grow up together but we have to rely on skype or Facebook or the every-other-year trip home we make. And even then we don't get to see everyone. But we do the best we can. Despite all the drama a family can bring; family is family. Memories are golden. I so wish we had that for our kids. **family on both sides, if you are reading this, we need to make more effort staying in touch ~ just sayin** (Chrysta, you do not need to send me flowers or book a flight, the fact that you even read this blog is love to me...thank you! Love you)

Oh and I miss Kristina. The End.

My goals for the next month are just to stay active. I've been in such a funk lately with Kristina's move, my bad knee, my endless studying, the busyness the Dash brings, that I just don't feel like doing anything anymore. My heart isn't into it anyway. But I signed up for a bunch of stuff so hopefully that will get my butt back on track. Here's hoping.

I also want to get back to creating more green smoothies. I was on a roll there and then life happened. I need to incorporate more of those in my afternoons. They are such a great pick me up.

I want to blog more. It is therapeutic but it's also good to get the inside out. My poor running blog has not seen any action in months. It's time to get a blog challenge going over there too.

Lastly, I want to start reading FOR FUN starting this month! Now that I'm in a habit of reading (studying) I want to leave the text books on the floor and pick up something fun and easy to read. That is on my To Do list for the month. Any suggestions?

The highs and lows of this month are ongoing. I know by Day 30 I can qualify this as a month, but to me the month ends on March 31st. The Dash is the 25th and I am hopeful it's a high. I have another media date this week. Lots of Race Day activity this weekend and my DASHERS are running on Sunday. I am so stinkin proud of them. I don't even care how fast they go, I am just proud of them for committing!

My lows are that Kristina moved to Washington on Friday. My grandparents are both in an assisted living home (which is good and bad) but two of the three want to go home which puts stress on the caregivers around them (Dad and his sisters). There are lots of people I know who are sick or know people who are sick. God has heard a lot from me this week. And my blog challenge is officially over. That is a low too.

I am grateful to you for reading along with me. It's been a fun thing to do. I found another cute one I can do, which involves the kids which I will probably start on Monday just because life is quite literally insane right now.

If you all want to participate in the challenge, I encourage you to do so. It's SO FUN! Let me know if you do so I can read along with you.

Here are my blog entries per day in case you missed it. It's not overly exciting or anything. Leave me a comment when something appeals to you :-)


Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7
Day 8
Day 9
Day 10
Day 11
Day 12
Day 13
Day 14
Day 15
Day 16
Day 17
Day 18
Day 19
Day 20
Day 21
Day 22
Day 23
Day 24

See you Monday xo

2 comments:

Deb said...

Nicely, done! It will be fun for you to look back on this challenge someday. Here's to the next 30 days!

Anonymous said...

I miss you too, friend.